Thursday, December 29, 2011

Movie Rewind: Best of 2011



Here are my Top 20 Favourite Movies of 2011:


1. Fast Five (Fast and Furious 5)  
2. Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
3. Footloose
4. In Time
5. Friends with Benefits 
6. Burlesque
7. Tangled
8. I am Number Four 
9. No Strings Attached 
10. Thor
11. New Years Eve
12. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
13. Abduction
14. The Adjustment Bureau
15. The Lincoln Lawyer
16. Country Strong
17. Whats Your Number
18. Soul Surfer
19. Something Borrowed
20. Beastly


Best Disney Movie:
Tangled 


Best Classic Re-Make:
Footloose


Best Action Movie:
Fast Five



Best Romantic Comedy:
Friend with Benefits




2011 Movies I still want to see: The Smurfs, Green Lantern, Monte Carlo, Super 8. 


By far my favourite movie of 2011 was Fast Five... I saw this 4 times at the cinema including 3 Gold Class sessions. I also bought the DVD the day it was release and have watched it several times on DVD. I loved it!  I also really enjoyed Transformers 3, In Time, Footloose and Friend with Benefits and Burlesque. Each of these movies I saw twice at the cinema. I love the whole cinema experience, so if I love a film, it's likely I will see it again at the cinema. There is usually something extra that I will see that I didn't pick up the first time around. I am just such a huge movie buff - as you can tell!


2011 was also a great year for kids movies (or big kids at heart like me) with Disney's Tangled, Cars 2, Rio, The Smurfs and The Lion King all doing well at the box office. 


Romantic comedies were also really great this year - Friends with Benefits starring Justin Timberlake & Mila Kunis being my favourite along with No Strings Attached, Something Borrowed, What's Your Number, and Footloose


When it came to action and drama I would have to say that In Time was one of my all time favourites of the year. I was fascinated by the whole concept of the movie. I really hope they make a sequel as I would love to see more of Justin & Amanda on the big screen.  I also really enjoyed I am Number Four and Thor and hope that both of these movies also have a sequel. 


For the year ahead... in 2012 I really look forward to seeing The Vow - a romantic comedy starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. I also can't wait for G.I Joe: Retaliation  starring The Rock, Channing Tatum and Bruce Willis. 

No comments: